Wednesday 30 September 2009

Liu Bolin : The Invisible Artist



I get a sense of cheekiness about this artist in that he is disguising himself into the background to fool onlookers. His work is subtle and understated, so much so that I didn't notice him in the photograph featured in the Telegraph. However I'm sure his work is not to be taken lightly due to the intricate detail of his painting and ability to visually trick his disappearance into the background- I just cant take it seriously though.

I find the concept of blending into society an interesting one, disguised so that normal life can go on around you without being affected by your presence. His work gives a sense of spirit existence whereby you ask yourself what you are seeing. He is an optical illusion to test the people around him, a barely-there figure that is able to listen in.



No comments:

Post a Comment