Wednesday 30 September 2009

Tommy's Advertising Campaign 2009




This summer I obtained full-time employment at Tommy's the baby charity for three months as a Campaigns Administrator. During my time there, their new advertising campaign was launched amongst other media interactions - here I was able to see first hand how a campaign of this nature is released into the media for both corporate and public awareness.

The creative agency, Leo Burnett, devised and executed the final concept which included print, TV and radio advertising. I feel that the final outcome is both innovative and engaging and the artwork in the ad is of a similar illustrative style as Tim Burton and Brett Helquist - which I really like. However I'm not sure if this visual style works for the charity or if it reflects the existing brand identity of Tommy's. The concept is a little dark and eerie and in my opinion doesn't relate well to those who support the charity. On the other hand, the artwork is really intricate and beautiful and very 'of the moment' in terms of quirky design.

No comments:

Post a Comment