Thursday 8 October 2009

errrannnnnuuuuuuu




I'm a real fan of Vic Reeves, so when I heard he had written and illustrated his own book I got a little bit excited. I knew that it would be full of inane witterings about silly stuff but also a great deal of comedy. I went into Waterstones to find it and stood a good few minutes flicking through the pages, and laughing to myself. I felt he comes across in a far more intelligent way in his illustrations than he does in person (or in character should I say because his real name is James Rod Moir). The book itself is useless as an encyclopedia because it doesn't contain any real fact, just weird and stupid reasonings for things. However, I feel there is alot of strength in his artwork, in that it is surreal but incredibly detailed. Visually the book works as there is a powerful style of illustration and you tend to admire the artwork over the comedic notations in most cases. I really like his approach in bookwriting, it is an interesting read and has fantastic visual result. I would definitely recommend.



"Fins on fishes assist them in their underwater shenanigans"

1 comment: