Monday 5 October 2009

curly wurly








http://www.inkymole.com

I came across the work of Sarah J Coleman in the June 09 issue of Creative Review. Her work is beautiful and fun, there's a joyful component thats bright and colourful. I can take alot from her work in that she combines her own typography, copy and illustrations in complete design finishes.

Her work includes advertising, package design, book cover designs and cd artwork, alongisde print work publication ... she truly is a diverse graphic designer. I like that you have to work at deciphering what some of her work is, working out what the typography says is part of discovering the design. The smooth curves and flowing nature of her pieces reminds me of a natural environment, similar to the intertwining branches of a tree and embellished flowers in the small details. Coleman tends to use solid colour rather than texture although I feel this is integral to her playful style.

No comments:

Post a Comment